Fire Department

The Shrewsbury Fire Department and the Shrewsbury Brass Band gathered in front of the old Quinsigamond Fire House in Shrewsbury Center.  The station faced south toward the Sumner House.


Notice the horse carriage sheds in the background. These belonged to the First Congregational Church.

Quinsigamond Fire House, circa 1900

This Fire House was torn down to make way for the new 1927 Police and Fire Department Headquarters.

If you look carefully, the front door of the 1830 Schoolhouse is visible at the far right.

Police and Fire Department Headquarters, circa 1927

The 1927 Station was demolished in January, 2008 to make way for the new Center Fire Station Headquarters.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 as the new Center Fire Station Headquarters nears completion.


The purpose and goal of the Shrewsbury Historical Society shall be to keep alive and increase interest in the history of the Town of Shrewsbury; to collect and preserve items of special value, traditions, and curiosities; to encourage general public interest in the Society's work and to maintain such personal properties and real estate that may come under the control of the Society.


Shrewsbury Historical Society

P.O. Box 641

Shrewsbury, MA 01545


© 2021 Shrewsbury Historical Society